The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years senior financial management experience, and preferably some consulting background. Experience with companies in financial or operational distress is preferred. In addition to a fast-paced environment, our consultants enjoy the opportunity to work as part of a team in delivering creative solutions to complex challenges. We are financially astute, operationally-oriented, self-motivated, and highly technical professionals who believe in "rolling up our sleeves" to help implement practical solutions. Other qualifications include:
- 7+ years total experience with some at the c-level, preferably CFO or CEO
- Ability to connect with leadership and management of clients
- Astute problem-solving capabilities (technical and interpersonal)
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and reprioritize tasks as required
- Ability to interact effectively and productively with all involved constituencies and as part of the consulting team
- Articulate complex subject matter in a clear and concise style
- Possess the stamina and resiliency necessary to work effectively in crisis situations
- Possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to travel if required (mostly western United States)
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Desire to be the best professional to assist our clients
- Strong team player willing to help build the KGI team
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze a company's financial position, operations and competitive landscape
- Assume leadership position in client company including all day-to-day activities and develop rapport with individuals at all levels
- Design and implement cash controls
- Design and produce integrated cash flow, income statement, balance sheet models on Excel
- Develop and execute recovery projects, i.e. financial restructuring, asset disposal, liquidation, etc.
- Develop, write and implement operating and business plans
- Work well in high pressure and tight deadlines
- An undergraduate degree
- An MBA, CPA, or similar is preferable but not required
Since 1984 KGI has provided professional services to more than 1,500 middle market companies in the manufacturing, technology, service, distribution and real estate industries. Whether a Company seeks to significantly improve operations or requires additional capital, KGI is the established one-stop resource to get these results quickly. If liquidity or sale is needed, KGI provides a powerful combination of services and expertise to achieve outcomes that, simply put, cannot be duplicated by other firms.
KGI offers a competitive compensation package and a great springboard for building a fast track career in the lucrative and satisfying world of enterprise consulting. The career path potential for this position includes the opportunity to advance to the Manager level.
- Participate in building a consulting practice focused on the middle market
- Be challenged by a breadth of functional, transactional, strategic, and industry scenarios
- Work in project-oriented, fast-paced situations
- Do meaningful, critical work for clients
- Be able to achieve high earnings through part-time or full-time employment
KGI maintains offices in Santa Monica, Irvine and San Francisco.
KGI offers a competitive compensation package and a great springboard for building a fast track career in the lucrative and satisfying world of enterprise consulting.
Submit a cover letter that highlights your experience and abilities along with your resume (in MS Word Format Only) to email@example.com.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.